Our team at 32ology Dental Studio uses innovative dental technology, methods, and equipment to replace missing teeth with beautiful, functional dental implants for a bright, long-lasting smile. Our experienced dentist, Dr. Argina Kudaverdian, can evaluate your needs and identify the best solution to address the debilitating symptoms caused by lost or missing teeth.
Explore Topics on This Page
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is composed of a titanium post, an abutment, and a restoration. The titanium post, which is designed to mimic the function of a natural tooth root, is surgically installed into the jawbone while an artificial tooth body — usually a dental crown, bridge, or denture — is attached to the connective abutment. Together, these pieces are not only able to fill gaps within your smile, but also help regenerate lost bone volume caused by living with missing teeth. Implants can be utilized to replace an individual tooth, several teeth in a row, or even an entire dental arch. Since dental implants are surgically placed into the jawbone, patients can enjoy the ability to eat and speak with greater confidence and ease.
What Benefits Do Dental Implants Offer?
Dental implants are a modern, permanent way of replacing missing teeth. Many dental care providers are moving to dental implants instead of using dentures that don’t permanently attach to your teeth. We secure the implants in your jawbone to permanently mimic the function of a natural tooth so you can eat, talk, and smile without the inconvenience of dentures or bridges — all while maintaining the health of your jawbone. Implants also fill the gaps to prevent shifting and tilting of your natural teeth.
Getting dental implants is a great way to achieve better oral health. Additional benefits of dental implant surgery include:
- Improved quality of life
- Clearer speech
- Natural, beautiful smiles
- Easier chewing
Without dental implants, people with missing teeth risk putting excess pressure on their natural teeth, contracting gum infections, or dealing with difficult removable dentures.
Are Dental Implants Right for Me?
When natural teeth start to decay or are knocked out due to injury or illness, the best solution is to fill in the gaps with artificial teeth. Dental implants help many people who are missing one or more teeth.
Implants might be a great option for patients who:
- Are missing one or more teeth
- Do not want to or are unable to wear dentures
- Have a healthy, strong jawbone
- Have healthy gums
- Do not smoke
- Have no medical conditions that prevent healthy bone growth or healing
- Want to improve your oral health, confidence, and smile
Dental implants are available for all ages except children (since their teeth are still coming in). If you’re in or around the Tarzana region, give our team a call to see if you are a good candidate for dental implants.
What Can I Expect During Dental Implant Surgery?
Our dental professionals will develop a personalized treatment plan based on whether you need a single-tooth or multi-teeth replacement.
- Thorough examination: We do a dental exam and medical history review to develop a personalized treatment plan based on your needs.
- Pre-surgery preparation: We instruct you on eating and drinking habits before your surgeries (yes, there’s usually more than one!).
- Jawbone preparation: If your bone is too soft or thin for the implant screws, we may need to insert bone grafts to prepare your jaw.
- Implant placement and healing: We will drill holes into the bone to make room for the implant. Then we allow time for your bone to heal around the implant to ensure a strong foundation for your new tooth.
- Abutment placing: When your jaw has healed, we open your gums to attach the abutment, or connection for the false tooth, to the implant. Then we allow your gums to heal for a few weeks before creating the artificial tooth.
- Tooth replacement: We create the crown and replacement teeth and connect them to the abutment with an implant screw.
What Does Dental Implant Recovery Entail?
After dental implant surgery, your face may feel swollen, bruised, or tender. Mild bleeding and/or pain at the implant site(s) may occur, but over-the-counter pain medications can often manage any discomfort. Most patients are able to resume their normal routine within three to seven days, although the osseointegration process (wherein the implant gradually fuses with the jawbone) generally takes a few months. You may be instructed to stick to a liquid or soft food diet immediately after surgery while your gums heal. Our team will inform you of details related to post-operative care so you have a good understanding of what to expect during the healing process. Through periodic follow-up appointments, Tarzana dentist Argina Kudaverdian, DDS and our team will supervise the osseointegration process and monitor your healing period.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
Dental implants are a lifelong investment into your smile and oral health. The procedure is tailored for the unique needs and smile goals of each patient, so the cost of dental implants is similarly personalized. In the Los Angeles area, the price of dental implants usually ranges from $3,000 to $5,000 for the entire process, but your cost estimate will also be influenced by:
- The number of implants placed
- The location of your missing teeth
- The cost of the restoration (dental crown, bridge, or denture)
Our office will provide you with a personalized quote following your dental implant consultation. We believe all patients should have access to affordable, high-quality dental care and accept financing from qualified patients through CareCredit®, ALPHAEON™ Credit, and Cherry®. Don’t hesitate to call our practice if you would like to learn more about the cost of dental implants.
Schedule Your Dental Implant Consultation
Taking proper care of your teeth is easier when you have dental professionals by your side. At 32ology Dental Studio, we get to the root of the problem, educate you on it, and give you the expert care and advice necessary to prevent it from happening in the future. We offer advanced techniques and technology in oral surgery. If you’re looking for more than just replacement teeth, we offer a variety of comprehensive dental services, including emergency dental care, preventive care, cosmetic dentistry, cleanings, dental exams, periodontics, and prosthodontics! Contact 32ology Dental Studio today for more information.